It all always starts with gratitude


Hi and welcome back to a dusty, rusty, "My Yoga Journey" - where the silence has been deafening.

Yes, I have been absent (AGAIN) 

Instead of beating myself up about my absence, I will focus on gratitude for having the opportunity to come back. Focusing on gratitude for a thing really helps me move past the negative self talk.

I learned this lesson, and a lot of other things about myself, and gratitude, and its ability to heal thanks to Huz's idea to begin (grateful again!) daily gratitude practice last fall. Through it, we shared some of the deepest feelings we have as a couple in our more than two decades of shared life together. 

I will admit to having some trouble coming up with the original twenty things - when all was said and done, my list contained 66 items - and it gets new additions all the time, just not formally so.

Since then, so much has happened, it would be silly to try and remember it all. Lately I've been grateful for peace. Peace in my relationships, peace in my home, peace in my work, peace in my town.  

Yes, I've experienced loss - our sweet kitty Blossom left this life January 25th. She died at home, lying on the soft rug we got for her when she could no longer jump up to her favorite spot on Brianna's bed. 


I miss her furry, warm presence - especially since I relocated my office to the very room she used to snooze in, sunbathe in, and spend so much of her time.

She went peacefully, from what we could tell. I'm grateful for that.

I've experienced joy. Since last fall, we have gotten to take TWO trips - one to Portugal in December, and one to San Diego in February. Vastly different reasons for traveling - but both trips held bountiful beauty for the eyes, the taste buds, and most importantly the soul. 

Looking East from Portugal

Looking West from California

And this weekend, I'll be traveling again with my sisters - something that hasn't happened in decades! After years of not going anywhere, it seems a wanderlust has taken hold. That may not be entirely true, as I've always enjoyed going places. I have the freedom to go places and I guess that is what I'm grateful for in this moment.

What are you giving thanks for today?

Comments

Popular Posts